Composer . Songwriter . Producer . Engineer . Sound Designer
"Wait's tools are the bittersweet melody, lyrical depth, and snappy, clean pop smarts... a CD that really shimmers from start to finish, hitting a perfect stride between classic power pop and commercially accessible music... Extremely Highly Recommended".
-notlame.com review of Robert Wait's "Dear Significant Other"
Welcome to the new Web Cave for Grammy Nominated songwriter, composer, and recording engineer, Robert Wait, and my previous alias, Tin Man Alley. I've been working in music for many years now, and prior to that, worked in Development, Production, and Post Production in the Film business. Recent projects include recording and mixing songs for Willie Nelson and his two amazing sons, Lukas and Micah, scoring a soon to be released documentary series for Netflix, and writing music for Podcasts by Singaporean actress, Tan Kheng Hua.
Please take a look around, and use the audio player at the
bottom of the page if you'd like music as you browse.
And if you have a chance, please CONTACT me. I'd love to hear from you!
CD'S (click to listen)
Soundtrack and Other Film Work
Started my career in the film business
- Latest (2023): Recorded and Mixed Grammy Nominated song, Guilded Splinters, for Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real on the Dr. John Tribute Album
- My Journey: A Trip to Nepal as a documentary filmmaker inspired career switch to Songwriting and Film Music.
- Have written many Songs and Scores for Movies, TV, Other Artists
- Released 1st CD under "band" name Tin Man Alley
- Released 2nd CD as Robert Wait
- Both CD's won awards and garnered many placements in Film and TV
- 13 Songs represented by Paul McCartney's music publishing company, MPL Music Publishing
- More on the way....